Kayla has a new dress, and that means we have an excuse to make another necklace! Luckily for you, we documented the process!
Here’s what you need to buy:
- Power mesh. Also oftentimes called Sheer Stretch Mesh. Feel free to use a flesh tone or a color to match your dress. 2 yards of the stuff will give you plenty of material to experiment with. Honestly, I think any thin fabric would probably work fine, but this is what we use.
- Fusible web. Just ask for it in a fabric store, they should know what it is. It is a material that melts when it is heated to fuse fabric together.
- Liquid latex. I got this from a local hobby store. I’m pretty sure any variety would work, but the particular one we use is called Mold Builder Liquid Latex Rubber.
- Rhinestones. Definitely order these little guys online. Swarovski or Preciosa rhinestones are typically used, and we usually order them from Rhinestone Guy
- E6000 glue. Some people also like to use Gem Tac, but we’ve had better luck with E6000. Just make sure you are in a ventilated area. This stuff smells and… it is somewhat carcinogenic…
- Small brush to apply the liquid latex.
- Small syringes. Not necessary, but loading a syringe with glue makes things easier.